This event takes place in the past.
Free Tax-Filing Assistance
10:30 am to 1:30 pm
This is a reoccuring event.
FREE Tax Filing Assistance for De Anza Students!
Wednesdays: Feb. 17-April 14
10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
You may qualify for services from the IRS’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program if you made $57,000 or less last year. (That’s total household income for filers who are single or married filing jointly.)
For online assistance with preparing your return, visit deanzataxhelp.eventbrite.com to schedule an online meeting via Zoom with a VITA volunteer who will answer questions and review your returns. (You will be preparing your own tax return.)
Or, if you don't feel comfortable preparing your own tax returns, you can visit getyourrefund.org/uwba to upload your documents and have a VITA volunteer prepare your return.
IMPORTANT: You will need these items to prepare your tax returns
- Social Security cards or photocopy for you, your spouse and dependents
- Birthdates for you, your spouse and dependents
- Wage and earning statements (Forms W-2, W-2G or 1099-NEC) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Form 1099)
- Proof of health insurance (Forms 1095-A, B or C)
- Copies of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Bank routing number and account number for direct deposit
- Printout of Form 1098-T – available on MyPortal; this is for your De Anza educational expenses
If you are married and filing jointly, both spouses must be present to sign the forms for electronic filing.
You can also find more information and resources at earnitkeepitsaveit.org